POSITION: PRODUCER, NEW FORMS FESTIVAL 2018
New Forms Media Society (NFMS) is a nonprofit society and media arts organization founded in 2000 that exists to unite creative communities, push artistic and conceptual boundaries, and explore digital media as an art form. By producing the annual New Forms Festival (NFF), we aim to raise the profile of Canadian artists, media arts, and electronic music within underground and subversive arts movements and practices both in Canada and abroad.
New Forms Media Society is seeking a Producer for a six-month contract. Reporting to the NFMS Board of Directors and with its support, the Producer will be responsible for establishing the creative vision and practical scope for the 2018 New Forms Festival (scheduled for Fall, 2018) and for developing the artistic, community, and curatorial partnerships and programming to successfully achieve this vision. The Producer will also be responsible for overall administration and coordination of the festival. The budget for the 2018 festival has been secured, with further potential funding based on future opportunities.
The position begins in April 2018.
- A combination of relevant education and professional experience in the operation of not-for-profit organizations, festivals, or events in the field of contemporary media arts, digital culture or electronic music
- Ability to work within a multicultural and multigenerational community
- Solid track record of successful financial management in a festival or event based arts setting
- Experience working with artists, curators, and volunteers
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- The position can done by either a single producer or producing group, based on qualifications, experience and relevance of the application
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit CV and a brief description outlining how you would approach the development of program concepts and events, to New Forms Media Society Board Member Alexandra Chen, at chenalexandra (at) gmail (dot) com.
$15,000, six-month term contract (renewable depending on funding).
Application deadline: March 30, or until position filled.