Share your experience
Who can use this form?
- A member of the public
- Anyone connected to New Forms Media Society (NFMS) and their events including volunteers, staff, VPS board members, performers or contractors.
What is it for?
- To let New Forms Media Society know about an experience or interaction (amazing, positive, harmful, or complicated) you have had that you feel NFMS should be aware of.
- You can also fill it out if you yourself are struggling with how you showed up or worried you may have potentially harmed someone.
- This form is not monitored continuously and therefore is not a way to get emergency help at or immediately after the event.
What happens after I fill out this form?
- You can indicate on this form what you would like to happen next. Options include sharing your experience anonymously with no follow-up, or stating you would like an opportunity to provide a more detailed report of your experience.
- If you are not sure about what you would like to happen next, a NFMS (or designated alternative) representative can connect with you to explore options.
- Please allow for 7-10 days for NFMS to respond in the post festival period.
Are you wishing to make a report about sexual assault connected to New Forms Media Society?
New Forms Media Society uses REES, a trauma-informed, easy to use, secure online reporting tool. If you are looking to share the details of sexual harassment or assault you may opt to make a report through REES. REES allows survivors to share their story at their own pace over an encrypted platform. It includes the option to share anonymously.
If you are in need of crisis support:
WAVAW 24-Hour Crisis and Information Line (trans and non-binary inclusive) 604-255-6344 in the Lower Mainland or call the national toll-free line at 1-877-392-7583.
Wellness Together Canada talk to a mental health professional one on one. Call 1-866-585-0445 or text WELLNESS to:
- 686868 for youth
- 741741 for adults